Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

Peanut Free Peanut Butter Cookies! Wait... What?

Today we're (I say we, I mean Bloke) racing, this calls for cookies. Standing on the side lines being loud and supportive is hard work you know. Because lets be honest here I'll probably eat way more than Bloke. Sorry Bloke. Anyway sport and peanut butter are a classic combination. peanut butter is fab it's high in protein, energy and other good stuff, alas its also death in a jar for me. But thankfully some wonderful people invented Wowbutter which is just like peanut butter in every way except that it's never so much as seen a peanut in it's life. I've sung it's praises before here.

And do you know what I like even more than cookies that don't kill me? Cookies that aren't murderous in nature and are super easy to make. I don't think I'll ever post a simpler recipe. It doesn't feel like a recipie at all really. There are loads of these floating about the internet  but i can confirm that they work and they work very well with wowbutter.

All you need is:
  • A cup of sugar
  • A cup of peanut butter
  • an egg
  • a teaspoon of vanilla 
Method:
Beat together in a bowl, spoon onto a greased tin, press down with a fork to create that Nutter Butter style pattern. These will grow in the baking so do place with plenty of space.
Just pop them into a preheated oven at 175°C, 350°F or gas mark 4 for 11 to 12 minutes. They will like any good cookie be quite soft when they come put but harden as they cool. Lovely!


 Store in an airtight container. If they last that long. I can make no guarantees about how long anyone can leave these alone. Good thing they're so easy to make eh?

Minnie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Those look tasty! I had never heard of Wowbutter before, so will definitely be looking out for its equivalent here in the US. I'm not allergic to peanuts myself, but have a cute little nephew who is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...YUM!!! Peanut butter anything is my fav! I love making peanut butter cookies. I 'll have to try this recipe. I make them big enough to drop 3 Hershey's Kisses into them right after they come out of the oven!
    Yours look scrumptious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?